Union Pacific switchman, Jon Paul Beckman, 48, was killed when he was struck by a train Friday, Sept. 22. He was working in Arlington, Texas when the accident occurred.
Beckman was a member of Local 243 in Ft. Worth, Texas, for 19 years. He served the local as president since 2007 and local chairperson since 2012, and was also the local’s delegate.
Visitation for Brother Beckman has been set for Thursday, October 5 from noon to 9 p.m. at Kinsley Mortuary, 1006 Broadway, Marysville, KS 66508. The family will receive friends from 5 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. A funeral service will be held, Friday, Oct. 6 at 10 a.m. Burial will be private.
A memorial fund has been established. Contributions may be sent in care of Kinsley Mortuary.
SMART TD extends its deepest condolences to the Beckman family and to all who knew him.
Click here to read the official obituary or to give condolences to the family.
- SMART launches video news show focused on issues that matter to members
- Ill. governor pledges his support for the Rule of 2
- SMART statement on DOL rule rescinding IRAPs
- Local 556 loses member to alleged drunken driver
- Two-person crew rule’s comment period receives extension
- Registration open for Branson, Mo., TD Regional Training Seminar
- Local 1846 loses member in accident, fundraiser established
- SMART-TD statement on the tentative agreement (Sept. 16, 2022)
- SMART-TD, BLET reach tentative agreement with railroads
- SMART-TD mourns loss of Local 1263 Local Chairperson Richard Keen