Union Pacific switchman, Jon Paul Beckman, 48, was killed when he was struck by a train Friday, Sept. 22. He was working in Arlington, Texas when the accident occurred.
Beckman was a member of Local 243 in Ft. Worth, Texas, for 19 years. He served the local as president since 2007 and local chairperson since 2012, and was also the local’s delegate.
Visitation for Brother Beckman has been set for Thursday, October 5 from noon to 9 p.m. at Kinsley Mortuary, 1006 Broadway, Marysville, KS 66508. The family will receive friends from 5 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. A funeral service will be held, Friday, Oct. 6 at 10 a.m. Burial will be private.
A memorial fund has been established. Contributions may be sent in care of Kinsley Mortuary.
SMART TD extends its deepest condolences to the Beckman family and to all who knew him.
Click here to read the official obituary or to give condolences to the family.
- SMART Local 28’s Leah Rambo appointed deputy director of U.S. DOL Women’s Bureau executive team
- Local 1715 members ratify contract with CATS
- Fiery derailment causes evacuation in Ohio
- BNSF asks the FRA for permission to run trains with 120 CFM of flow in the name of safety
- TTD’s Regan testifies at new T&I committee’s first hearing
- Local 1470 member included on Railway Age’s ‘Fast Trackers’ list
- Hudson Tunnel project to create more than 70,000 jobs in New York and New Jersey
- B&P Tunnel replacement project in Baltimore promises jobs, better conditions for SMART members
- 2022 BLS report demonstrates need for organizing, pro-labor legislation
- Support needed for Wyoming train-length bill effort