Services have been announced for Brother Michael Cella, the SMART Transportation Division conductor, who was killed in the Amtrak Train 91 collision Feb. 4 in Cayce, S.C.
A gathering of Cella’s friends and family will be 10 a.m. to noon immediately followed by a celebration of life Monday, Feb. 12 at Hardage-Giddens Holly Hill Funeral Home, 3601 Old Jennings Road Middleburg, Fla. 32068.
Brother Cella is survived by his wife, Christine, daughter, Elena, and son, Logan.
Online condolences for Cella’s family may be left at http://obits.dignitymemorial.com/dignity-memorial/obituary.aspx?n=Michael-Cella&lc=4346&pid=188097606&mid=7753115.
Services for Michael Kempf, 54, the engineer and former SMART TD member also killed in the accident, were today. Kempf is survived by his wife and three children.
Online condolences for Kempf’s family may be left at https://www.meaningfulfunerals.net/?action=obituaries.obit_view&CFID=ab6d4627-ce61-45c9-b40f-ee818f22b0a5&CFTOKEN=0&o_id=4606891&fh_id=13934.
An online fundraiser for both families is available at https://www.gofundme.com/memorial-fund-for-cella-amp-kempf.
- Local 1420 mourns death of Local Chairperson Kevin Spragg￼
- Watch the Skies — It’s National Lightning Safety Week!
- Former VP Robert Earley passes away
- NMB proffers arbitration to United Rail Unions
- Ferguson to House subcommittee: ‘I’m screaming into the bullhorn’ for help￼
- Third week of NMB sessions concludes; unions again call for proffer of arbitration
- TD President Ferguson to testify before House rail subcommittee
- United Rail Unions’ statement following NMB sessions
- New York two-person crew bill heads to governor for signing￼
- General President Sellers’ Memorial Day video message