Pursuant to Title 49 of the Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) § 211.45, the Federal Railroad Administration’s (FRA) administrator, Joseph C. Szabo, has determined that current conditions of extreme cold, ice, and severe winter weather in various parts of the United States constitute an “emergency event” as related to railroad operations.
In making this determination, the administrator notes that the National Weather Service has documented severe winter weather effects stretching across the nation that include record low temperatures, large amounts of snow and strong winds.
Therefore, the administrator has activated the Emergency Relief Docket (FRA-2014-0001) as of January 7, 2014, and the emergency relief provisions of 49 CFR § 211.45 are in effect.
The provisions of 49 CFR § 211.45 can be found here.
- Growth through unity
- SMART, labor allies convene at AFL-CIO Convention to build worker power
- N.J. SLD recognized for leadership, tapped to lead economic coalition
- Fortune Magazine highlights the benefits of a union sheet metal career
- SMART TD President Ferguson and BLET President Pierce give joint interview on podcast
- Transportation labor reacts to the State of the Union Address
- VA Adds TABB As Accepted Certification Body
- Career of a lifetime: Renato Favero’s 80 years of service
- SM Local 280 SMART Army Helps Local Charity Aid Community
- New SMOHIT Safety Guide Available