A former secretary-treasurer of UTU Local 997 (Camp Hill, Pa.) has been charged with embezzling union funds.
Brandon S. Borders, 47, of Harrisburg, Pa., was indicted by a federal grand jury on the charge, according to U.S. Attorney Peter J. Smith.
The indictment alleges Borders embezzled $12,500 between 2005 and August 2009. If convicted, Borders faces up to five years in prison and a fine of $10,000.
- 2022 Tentative Agreement ratification results and next steps
- Split decision: Unions for engineers and conductors take different routes in freight rail contract ratification vote
- Balloting closes TONIGHT for tentative national rail agreement
- SMART-TD, BLET town hall yields facts about tentative agreement
- A message to veterans from President Ferguson
- Important update for all SMART-TD and BLET members included in national negotiations
- BLET, SMART-TD to host Town Hall meeting on November 9
- Update on SMART-TD balloting for National Rail Tentative Agreement
- Rule of 2 comment period extended by FRA to Dec. 21
- SMART-TD Local 206 mourns sudden loss of member