Funeral services were held Tuesday, Dec. 3, for Timothy J. Smith, 66, who died Nov. 28 after a hard fought battle with pulmonary fibrosis.
Smith worked 30 years as an engineer for Lake Terminal Railroad in Lorain, Ohio, with 22 of those years serving as general chairperson. He was a member of the former UTU Local 1391 at Lorain. He was a dedicated union leader willing to help out anyone in need.
Following his graduation from Admiral King High School in 1965. Smith enlisted in the U.S. Army and served his country honorably for three years.
He is survived by his wife, Cathy; sons, Timothy B. Smith and Kevin A. Smith, and granddaughter, Katie.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the Pulmonary Fibrosis Foundation at www.pulmonaryfibrosis.org/donate. Online condolences may be sent using www.rsgfuneralhome.com.
- SMART statement on President Biden’s signing of the Inflation Reduction Act
- SMART statement on White House Back to School 2022 collaboration to improve indoor air quality
- SMART statement on passage of Inflation Reduction Act
- TD Local 446 mourns loss of member who died while on the job
- FRA Administrator Bose: Safety is first
- TTD President Regan: Transportation labor has shown it’s a driving force
- SMART statement on signing of the CHIPS and Science Act
- TD president addresses SMART General Session, TD officers
- Oberman addresses SMART General Session
- Two-person crew saves the life of missing woman