The American Short Line and Regional Railroad Association (ASLRRA) has named Jo Strang vice president for regulatory affairs, effective July 1.
She most recently served the U.S. Department of Transportation’s Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration. Prior to that, Strang had a long career at the Federal Railroad Administration (FRA). In her last position, as associate administrator for railroad safety and chief safety officer, she provided regulatory oversight for rail safety, including the development and enforcement of safety regulations and programs related to the rail industry.
Read the complete story at Progressive Railroading.
- Two-person crew saves the life of missing woman
- TD President Ferguson, three members testify before STB
- FRA NPRM: The truth behind the need for 2 person crews
- SMART-TD LACMTA operators ratify tentative contract
- House leaders introduce bill reauthorizing STB and to assist rail customers
- Local 12 apprentices get hands-on architectural experience
- SMART-TD, BLET presidents update members following PEB 250
- SMART statement on passage of CHIPS and Science Act
- Union Plus opens ‘Unions Power America’ contest￼
- United Rail Unions statement on opening of PEB