In the wake of Hurricanes Florence and Michael, the AFL-CIO Union Plus program, which SMART Transportation members are eligible to join, reminds people that disaster assistance grants are available from them.
Members who have had a Union Plus credit card for three months, mortgage or insurance for at least 12 months (with the account or policy up-to-date on payments) and who have experienced a significant income or property loss can apply for a once-per-lifetime disaster relief grant.
For more information, Union Plus Credit Cardholders should call 800-622-2580. Union Plus Mortgage, Union Plus Life, Accident and Auto Insurance. Union Plus Retiree Healthcare and Union Plus Personal Loan holders, should call 800-472-2005.
- TD Local 446 mourns loss of member who died while on the job
- FRA Administrator Bose: Safety is first
- TTD President Regan: Transportation labor has shown it’s a driving force
- TD president addresses SMART General Session, TD officers
- Oberman addresses SMART General Session
- Two-person crew saves the life of missing woman
- TD President Ferguson, three members testify before STB
- FRA NPRM: The truth behind the need for two-person crews
- SMART-TD LACMTA operators ratify tentative contract
- House leaders introduce bill reauthorizing STB and to assist rail customers