In the wake of Hurricanes Florence and Michael, the AFL-CIO Union Plus program, which SMART Transportation members are eligible to join, reminds people that disaster assistance grants are available from them.
Members who have had a Union Plus credit card for three months, mortgage or insurance for at least 12 months (with the account or policy up-to-date on payments) and who have experienced a significant income or property loss can apply for a once-per-lifetime disaster relief grant.
For more information, Union Plus Credit Cardholders should call 800-622-2580. Union Plus Mortgage, Union Plus Life, Accident and Auto Insurance. Union Plus Retiree Healthcare and Union Plus Personal Loan holders, should call 800-472-2005.
- Local 1420 mourns death of Local Chairperson Kevin Spragg￼
- Watch the Skies — It’s National Lightning Safety Week!
- Former VP Robert Earley passes away
- NMB proffers arbitration to United Rail Unions
- Ferguson to House subcommittee: ‘I’m screaming into the bullhorn’ for help￼
- Third week of NMB sessions concludes; unions again call for proffer of arbitration
- TD President Ferguson to testify before House rail subcommittee
- United Rail Unions’ statement following NMB sessions
- New York two-person crew bill heads to governor for signing￼
- A Memorial Day message from TD President Ferguson