This is an important year for the direction of our country, and as we do on the roads and on the rails of these great United States, SMART Transportation Division will lead the way.
With your vote comes the chance to shape where the future of the transportation industry will go by selecting those candidates who support issues, such as two-person crews, the safety of our bus operators and yardmaster legislation, that are important to us.
Not registered? Voters in California, Colorado, Connecticut, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Iowa, Maine, Minnesota, Montana, New Hampshire, Utah, Vermont, Washington, D.C., Wisconsin and Wyoming can still register and vote today!
- Before heading to the polls, see for yourself the positions elected officials in your area have taken on important issues, visit our Legislative Action Center, where you can find out your current senators’ and representatives’ voting records before you hit the voting booth.
- View SMART TD’s National Legislative Office’s endorsement list in the 2018 federal midterm races.
- For state and local races, your state legislative board (SLB) can provide guidance about candidates.
- A video message from SMART General President Joseph Sellers about the importance of getting out to vote.
- Members in Kansas can check out this video from their SLB.
- The Minnesota State Legislative Board has released this video.
- Members in Ohio can check out this video from their SLB.
- Members in Wisconsin can check out this video from their SLB.
- The October edition of the SMART Transportation Division News features, in addition to all national endorsements, stories about our members, retirees and people connected to our union who are trying to make a difference by running for office.
Elections matter. Be sure to have your say about the future of your paycheck, your healthcare, your retirement and your safety on the job.
For election and poll location information in your state, text “VOTE UNION” to 21333. Message and data rates may apply.
- Announcement to come regarding PEB
- TD Local 446 mourns loss of member who died while on the job
- FRA Administrator Bose: Safety is first
- TTD President Regan: Transportation labor has shown it’s a driving force
- TD president addresses SMART General Session, TD officers
- Oberman addresses SMART General Session
- Two-person crew saves the life of missing woman
- TD President Ferguson, three members testify before STB
- FRA NPRM: The truth behind the need for two-person crews
- SMART-TD LACMTA operators ratify tentative contract