UTU-represented yardmasters and hostlers employed by the Elgin, Joliet and Eastern Railway have ratified separate new six-year agreements by overwhelming majorities.
The new agreements provide for annual wage increases and back-pay; establish 401-k retirement plans, disability insurance and prior rights; increase life insurance; and place those members under the national railroad health and welfare plan that includes dental and vision coverage and provides for early retirement major medical coverage.
UTU International Vice President Dave Wier, who assisted with the negotiations, congratulated General Chairperson Cory Mayberry and Vice General Chairpersons Kevin Wright and Tommy Collins (all GO 329), for “ their dedication to the membership in negotiating and explaining contracts that provide for improvements in wages and benefits and deliver employment security and parity.”
In September, UTU-represented brakemen, conductors and yardmen employed by Elgin, Joliet & Eastern Railway ratified a new agreement that also was negotiated with the assistance of Wier.
- B&P Tunnel replacement project in Baltimore promises jobs, better conditions for SMART members
- Support needed for Wyoming train-length bill effort
- EPI study estimates money lost by misclassified workers
- UP actions prompt departure from safety program
- SMART-TD announces enhanced benefits with new Voluntary Long-Term Disability (VLTD) carrier
- Local 168 mourns passing of Chairperson Garcia
- TD Disaster Relief Fund in urgent need of donations
- Union Plus scholarship deadline approaching; others open for TD members’ families
- Remembering MLK
- SMART-TD stands in solidarity with the Air Line Pilots Association, International