UTU-represented yardmasters and hostlers employed by the Elgin, Joliet and Eastern Railway have ratified separate new six-year agreements by overwhelming majorities.
The new agreements provide for annual wage increases and back-pay; establish 401-k retirement plans, disability insurance and prior rights; increase life insurance; and place those members under the national railroad health and welfare plan that includes dental and vision coverage and provides for early retirement major medical coverage.
UTU International Vice President Dave Wier, who assisted with the negotiations, congratulated General Chairperson Cory Mayberry and Vice General Chairpersons Kevin Wright and Tommy Collins (all GO 329), for “ their dedication to the membership in negotiating and explaining contracts that provide for improvements in wages and benefits and deliver employment security and parity.”
In September, UTU-represented brakemen, conductors and yardmen employed by Elgin, Joliet & Eastern Railway ratified a new agreement that also was negotiated with the assistance of Wier.
- House subcommittee leaders take aim at PSR cuts in STB reauthorization hearing￼
- STB requires additional service reporting from railroads
- Longtime Mo. SLD passes away￼
- The Coordinated Bargaining Coalition again calls on NMB to proffer arbitration
- April 28th proclaimed “A Day of Honor and Remembrance for Railroad Workers” in Kansas
- TD GO-386 gets arbitration win over attempted BNSF pool consolidation, other work-rule changes
- “We won’t back down!”
- SMART Transportation Division issues statement on Amtrak board nominees
- RRB resumes in-person appointments
- TD President Ferguson, three members testify before STB