WASHINGTON – A bill introduced in the House of Representatives this week calls for sweeping rail safety reforms in the wake of the train derailment in Spuyten Duyvil last December that killed four and injured dozens of others.
The comprehensive legislation was proposed by three of Connecticut’s representatives to Congress – Rosa DeLauro, Jim Himes and Elizabeth Esty – along with Rep. Sean Patrick Maloney (D-Westchester).
Read the complete story at the Hudson Valley Reporter.
- SMART statement on passage of Inflation Reduction Act
- TD Local 446 mourns loss of member who died while on the job
- FRA Administrator Bose: Safety is first
- TTD President Regan: Transportation labor has shown it’s a driving force
- SMART statement on signing of the CHIPS and Science Act
- TD president addresses SMART General Session, TD officers
- Oberman addresses SMART General Session
- Two-person crew saves the life of missing woman
- FRA NPRM: The truth behind the need for two-person crews
- Local 12 apprentices get hands-on architectural experience