MARRERO, La. – CSX conductor Jonathan Batieste, 29, with a wife and four young daughters between the ages of three and 12, died unexpectedly Aug. 22 following a motorcycle accident.
Batieste, a member of UTU Local 1066 in New Orleans, signed on with CSX just 13 months ago. He was recovering from his injuries and was undergoing physical therapy when he developed a blood clot that claimed his life.
“This young family is in need of help,” said Louisiana State Legislative Director Gary Devall.
Donations may be sent to the “Jonathan Batieste Donation Account” at Capital One Bank, 3800 General de Gaulle Drive, New Orleans, LA 70114.
- 2022 Tentative Agreement ratification results and next steps
- Split decision: Unions for engineers and conductors take different routes in freight rail contract ratification vote
- Balloting closes TONIGHT for tentative national rail agreement
- SMART-TD, BLET town hall yields facts about tentative agreement
- A message to veterans from President Ferguson
- Important update for all SMART-TD and BLET members included in national negotiations
- BLET, SMART-TD to host Town Hall meeting on November 9
- Update on SMART-TD balloting for National Rail Tentative Agreement
- Rule of 2 comment period extended by FRA to Dec. 21
- SMART-TD Local 206 mourns sudden loss of member