CSX-employed yardmasters represented by the UTU have ratified a coordination-of-operations agreement affecting CSX eastern district (former Baltimore & Ohio) and northern district (former Conrail) lines.
The agreement was negotiated in response to a CSX filing with the U.S. Surface Transportation Board to “transfer, consolidate, coordinate and merge train operations and the associated work force” in the eastern and northern districts of CSX. An implementing agreement between CSX and the UTU was required under provisions of so-called New York Dock labor protection.
The ratified agreement contains negotiated enhancements, including automatic certification for employees at locations where assignments will be affected by the coordination, prior rights to consolidated work, and an increase to the highest yardmaster pay rates for all positions in the territory not currently at the high rate.
Additionally, the ratified agreement establishes around-the-clock yardmaster coverage at a new CSX intermodal facility at North Baltimore, Ohio, and places the newly acquired work under the jurisdiction of the former B&O collective bargaining agreement.
UTU International Vice President John Previsich, who assisted with negotiations, commended General Chairpersons Richard DeGenova (CSX, GO 247) and Robert Keeley (CSX, GO 342) “for their commitment and tenacity in seeking improved conditions for their members during the long and difficult negotiating period of this agreement. Their efforts were instrumental in securing enhancements rarely obtained in Section 4 negotiations,” Previsich said.
- SMART launches video news show focused on issues that matter to members
- Ill. governor pledges his support for the Rule of 2
- SMART statement on DOL rule rescinding IRAPs
- Local 556 loses member to alleged drunken driver
- Two-person crew rule’s comment period receives extension
- Registration open for Branson, Mo., TD Regional Training Seminar
- Local 1846 loses member in accident, fundraiser established
- SMART-TD statement on the tentative agreement (Sept. 16, 2022)
- SMART-TD, BLET reach tentative agreement with railroads
- SMART-TD mourns loss of Local 1263 Local Chairperson Richard Keen