JACKSONVILLE, Fla. – CSX employees are enduring another round of layoffs, this time at the company’s mechanical shops in Corbin, Kentucky.
CSX announced Tuesday that the shops will be closed, affecting about 180 active employees at the facilities. All affected employees at Corbin will receive at least 60 days of pay and benefits, CSX said in a news release.
Union employees also may have other benefits available in accordance with their labor agreements, CSX said. Many furloughed employees will be eligible for jobs in higher-demand areas on CSX’s network.
Read more from News4JAX.
- Two-person crew saves the life of missing woman
- FRA NPRM: The truth behind the need for 2 person crews
- Local 12 apprentices get hands-on architectural experience
- SMART statement on passage of CHIPS and Science Act
- Union Plus opens ‘Unions Power America’ contest￼
- Your experiences – our PEB case!
- SMART Local 206 journeyworker wins July NABTU Tradeswomen Heroes Award
- Rail labor statement regarding the appointment of a PEB
- New Ford EV plant “a game-changer” for SMART Tenn. local
- The TRUTH about the railroad supply chain and labor negotiations