CSX says it is looking to fill 150 positions in Tennessee, mostly in and around Nashville; 140 jobs in Maryland, mainly in Baltimore and Cumberland; and 90 positions in Alabama, primarily in Birmingham.
The hiring comes as the company prepares to meet the demands of a growing regional, national and global economy and to offset attrition, CSX said. The new employees will operate trains and maintain tracks, locomotives and rail cars.
CSX estimates it will hire 3,500 people in 2012, many of them military veterans. In 2011, CSX hired approximately 4,000 workers.
Find more information and apply on CSX’s website (www.csx.com) by clicking the tab for “Working at CSX.”
- SMART statement on signing of the CHIPS and Science Act
- TD president addresses SMART General Session, TD officers
- Oberman addresses SMART General Session
- Two-person crew saves the life of missing woman
- TD President Ferguson, three members testify before STB
- FRA NPRM: The truth behind the need for two-person crews
- SMART-TD LACMTA operators ratify tentative contract
- House leaders introduce bill reauthorizing STB and to assist rail customers
- Local 12 apprentices get hands-on architectural experience
- SMART-TD, BLET presidents update members following PEB 250