The freight rail industry faces a new tide of regulation that threatens what has been a remarkable industry comeback over the last three decades, from the depths of bankruptcy to one of the strongest industry sectors in the U.S. economy.
To put a finer point on it, the U.S. industry that the National Academies of Engineering called “the envy of the world” is under threat from U.S. regulators weighing a proposal that would smother freight rail growth and have a cascading impact on freight rail’s ability to deliver goods and products.
Read the complete story at Forbes.
- Growth through unity
- SMART, labor allies convene at AFL-CIO Convention to build worker power
- N.J. SLD recognized for leadership, tapped to lead economic coalition
- Fortune Magazine highlights the benefits of a union sheet metal career
- SMART TD President Ferguson and BLET President Pierce give joint interview on podcast
- Transportation labor reacts to the State of the Union Address
- VA Adds TABB As Accepted Certification Body
- Career of a lifetime: Renato Favero’s 80 years of service
- SM Local 280 SMART Army Helps Local Charity Aid Community
- New SMOHIT Safety Guide Available