Funding to save the Southwest Chief did not make it into the budget proposed by the Colorado legislature this week, Colorado State Legislative Director Carl Smith reports.
“We must now seek support from Gov. Hickenlooper and the Joint Budget Committee, which will review appropriation requests beyond the current proposed budget,” Smith said. “We need to get their attention and approval as soon as possible. Please call the governor and the following legislators and ask them to fund the Southwest Chief Commission.
“This train is essential to Colorado’s transportation system,” Smith said. “You might also remind Gov. Hickenlooper that he committed to finding funding for the train at the bill signing last year.”
Hickenlooper’s office phone number is (303) 866-2471.
For funding to pass, the bill needs the support of the following members from the state’s Joint Budget Committee:
- Sen. Kevin Grantham, (303) 866-4877, Kevin.Gratham.email@example.com
- Sen. Pat Steadman, (303) 866-4861, Pat.Steadman.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rep. Millie Hamner, (303) 866-2952, Millie.Hamner.email@example.com
- Rep. Dave Young, (303) 866 2929, Dave.Young.firstname.lastname@example.org
- SMART statement on passage of Inflation Reduction Act
- TD Local 446 mourns loss of member who died while on the job
- FRA Administrator Bose: Safety is first
- TTD President Regan: Transportation labor has shown it’s a driving force
- SMART statement on signing of the CHIPS and Science Act
- TD president addresses SMART General Session, TD officers
- Oberman addresses SMART General Session
- Two-person crew saves the life of missing woman
- FRA NPRM: The truth behind the need for two-person crews
- Local 12 apprentices get hands-on architectural experience