Today, state legislators in the Colorado House of Representatives passed a Rail Safety Bill that mandates a two-person crew for all trains operating in the state of Colorado. The bill now heads to the floor of the Colorado Senate.
Carl Smith, SMART TD Colo. state legislative director, released a statement today, acknowledging the victory, while reminding SMART members that the fight isn’t over, and urging them to contact their state senators to make sure the bill passes.
Click here to read the complete press release, and to obtain information on how to contact your state and federal representatives.
- SMART-TD statement on the results of the U.S. Senate vote to impose the rail agreement
- SMART-TD statement on potential extension of status-quo period
- SMART-TD statement on congressional intervention in the national rail negotiations
- ERMA lifetime maximum benefit to increase in 2023
- RRB: Credit for military service under the Railroad Retirement Act
- 2022 Tentative Agreement ratification results and next steps
- Split decision: Unions for engineers and conductors take different routes in freight rail contract ratification vote
- Balloting closes TONIGHT for tentative national rail agreement
- SMART-TD, BLET town hall yields facts about tentative agreement
- A message to veterans from President Ferguson