Today, state legislators in the Colorado House of Representatives passed a Rail Safety Bill that mandates a two-person crew for all trains operating in the state of Colorado. The bill now heads to the floor of the Colorado Senate.
Carl Smith, SMART TD Colo. state legislative director, released a statement today, acknowledging the victory, while reminding SMART members that the fight isn’t over, and urging them to contact their state senators to make sure the bill passes.
Click here to read the complete press release, and to obtain information on how to contact your state and federal representatives.
- Local 556 loses member to alleged drunken driver
- Two-person crew rule’s comment period receives extension
- Registration open for Branson, Mo., TD Regional Training Seminar
- Local 1846 loses member in accident, fundraiser established
- SMART-TD statement on the tentative agreement (Sept. 16, 2022)
- SMART-TD, BLET reach tentative agreement with railroads
- SMART-TD mourns loss of Local 1263 Local Chairperson Richard Keen
- SMART-TD, BLET joint statement on rail embargo
- SMART Mechanical Department reaches tentative agreement with the NCCC
- Labor rallies planned Sept. 10 in Nebraska, Ohio