A CBC News investigation has unearthed allegations that suggest CN Rail has routinely under-reported minor derailments and misrepresented its yard efficiency measurements across Canada and the U.S.
The CBC probe was prompted by a whistleblower lawsuit launched in the U.S. by former CN employee Tim Wallender who claims in court documents that CN covered up derailments and cooked up statistics at its Memphis, Tenn. yard to bolster the company’s efficiency ratings.
Read the complete story at Yahoo News Canada.
- SMART statement on Inflation Reduction Act anniversary
- Minnesota SMART members win legislative victories across sheet metal and transportation
- SMART remembers and honors all who have made the ultimate sacrifice
- SMART Women’s Committee welcomes new members
- SMART-TD announces a price reduction for the Discipline Income Protection Program (DIPP) going into effect on August 1, 2023
- Retired General Chairperson Al Nowlin passes away
- SMART sisters reflect on Women in Construction Week 2023
- Utah rail safety bill awaits signature of governor
- Local 85 (Ga.) Service Awards
- Secure your future. Vote!