It’s impossible to predict the future with a high degree of certainty, but Class I chief executive officers are fairly certain a couple of sectors will remain explosive business-growth candidates in 2014.
Crude oil and domestic intermodal essentially are can’t misses, they believe. In addition, frac sand and other drilling materials, automotive and grain are projected to be strong contributors, according to responses six CEOs provided via email to questions posed by Progressive Railroading about the coming year, and comments from BNSF Railway Co.’s Matt Rose during a Nov. 19 interview in Fort Worth, Texas.
Read the complete story at Progressive Railroading.
- SMART statement on passage of Inflation Reduction Act
- TD Local 446 mourns loss of member who died while on the job
- FRA Administrator Bose: Safety is first
- TTD President Regan: Transportation labor has shown it’s a driving force
- SMART statement on signing of the CHIPS and Science Act
- TD president addresses SMART General Session, TD officers
- Oberman addresses SMART General Session
- Two-person crew saves the life of missing woman
- FRA NPRM: The truth behind the need for two-person crews
- Local 12 apprentices get hands-on architectural experience