Brakemen, conductors and engineers on Chicago South Shore & South Bend Railway (CSS), all represented by the UTU, have ratified a new five-year agreement by a four-to-one margin.
The contract, retroactive to Jan. 1, provides for hourly wage increases, a cap on health care contributions, productivity allowances and wage parity for those hired prior to Dec. 15, 2010.
The UTU retains the right, throughout the life of the agreement, to negotiate profit sharing in lieu of general wage increases.
UTU International Vice President John Babler, who assisted in negotiations, praised the skills of General Chairperson Anthony Wojasinski (GO CSS), Local 1526 Chairpersons Brian Krueger and Frank Fraser, and Local 1526 President John Higginbotham.
CSS, an Anacostia & Pacific short line, serves industries in northeast Illinois and northwest Indiana.
- It’s a step ahead for Pa. rail safety bill
- TD leadership participates in NS Bellevue safety event
- Veto means Nevada governor picked politics over safety
- Synopsis released of NS yardmaster agreement
- TD initiates census effort — please verify your information!
- SMART-TD and NS reach yardmaster sick leave deal; carrier completes negotiations with all unions
- SMART-TD members ratify tentative agreement with Norfolk Southern
- TD DLC firm pitches in to assist with Minn. 2PC success
- Sara Youngdahl is new SMART-TD DLC Coordinator
- Members of GO-953 ratify historic tentative agreement with Union Pacific