The Charlotte Area Transit System projects that building a commuter train to Lake Norman would cost $215 million more than expected – a price hike that will likely make it too costly to build.
CATS had long planned to use Norfolk Southern freight tracks that parallel Interstate 77 for the Red Line passenger train. It would connect Charlotte with Huntersville, Cornelius, Davidson and Mooresville.
Read the complete story at the Lake Wylie Pilot.
- SMART University: TD Membership 101 available in Member Portal
- Q&A with TD Chief of Staff Jerry Gibson on training
- Bill’s passage would place Santa Cruz Metro under PERB
- SMART-TD announces 2022 Leadership Conference
- TTD: 20 unions urge FTA to protect transit workers from assault
- TD New Jersey SLB recognizes Assemblyman Dan Benson’s advocacy￼
- TD Local 759 president meets DOT head
- Transportation labor reacts to the State of the Union Address
- SMART TD has launched a new website!
- Suspect in robbery of Metra conductor in police custody