The Charlotte Area Transit System projects that building a commuter train to Lake Norman would cost $215 million more than expected – a price hike that will likely make it too costly to build.
CATS had long planned to use Norfolk Southern freight tracks that parallel Interstate 77 for the Red Line passenger train. It would connect Charlotte with Huntersville, Cornelius, Davidson and Mooresville.
Read the complete story at the Lake Wylie Pilot.
- VSTD premium reset and benefit changes announced
- Branson, Mo., TD Regional Training Seminar hotel deadline now Oct. 28
- TD Local 653 legislative representative receives Chicago labor award
- N.J. designates Oct. 15 as annual Railroad Workers Day
- TD Tacoma RTS gets final extension; one-day registration added
- N.Y. Post reports Amtrak execs net big post-pandemic bonuses
- New updating features for TD members in SMART Portal
- Calif. governor signs bill placing Santa Cruz members under PERB
- Fundraiser established for GC’s cancer fight
- TD president addresses SMART General Session, TD officers