As a result of the continued increase in claims volume and associated costs, the SMART Transportation Division Discipline Income Protection Program (DIPP) is increasing its monthly assessments from 81 cents to 96 cents per $1 of daily benefits, effective July 1, 2018.
Members may elect to reduce their benefit level or cancel coverage at any time by submitting the appropriate form to SMART TD. If a member chooses to keep his or her coverage as it is, the current benefit level will remain in place, and members who pay their monthly assessments by payroll deduction will have the higher monthly assessments automatically deducted from their paychecks.
DIPP trustees are SMART General President Joseph Sellers Jr., SMART Secretary-Treasurer Richard L. McClees and SMART TD President John Previsich.
Follow this link to view the updated SMART TD DIPP Schedule of Maximum Benefits.
- House subcommittee leaders take aim at PSR cuts in STB reauthorization hearing￼
- STB requires additional service reporting from railroads
- Longtime Mo. SLD passes away￼
- The Coordinated Bargaining Coalition again calls on NMB to proffer arbitration
- April 28th proclaimed “A Day of Honor and Remembrance for Railroad Workers” in Kansas
- TD GO-386 gets arbitration win over attempted BNSF pool consolidation, other work-rule changes
- “We won’t back down!”
- SMART Transportation Division issues statement on Amtrak board nominees
- RRB resumes in-person appointments
- TD President Ferguson, three members testify before STB