With over 75 percent of the voting membership agreeing, Local 1596 maintenance workers of Charlotte Area Transit System based out of Charlotte, N.C., ratified a new collective bargaining agreement. The new agreement is for three years starting retroactively to June 30, 2015 and going through June 30, 2018.
Leading the way, GCA TMM (Transit Management of Charlotte, Inc.) General Chairperson Craig Patch helped negotiations, asking for contractual language changes, improvements to the pension plan and wage increases. Patch, Local Chairperson Billy Belcher, Vice Chairperson Gary Moore and Secretary Michael Jenkins worked tirelessly on the agreement.
“Brother Patch and I would like to thank Local President James Hinton, Local Vice President Gerald Hudson and S&T Tony Sandle for their hard work on getting this accomplished,” Alternate Vice President Bus-East Alvy Hughes said.
- N.J. SLD recognized for leadership, tapped to lead economic coalition
- Fortune Magazine highlights the benefits of a union sheet metal career
- SMART TD President Ferguson and BLET President Pierce give joint interview on podcast
- Transportation labor reacts to the State of the Union Address
- VA Adds TABB As Accepted Certification Body
- Career of a lifetime: Renato Favero’s 80 years of service
- SM Local 280 SMART Army Helps Local Charity Aid Community
- New SMOHIT Safety Guide Available
- SM LU 71 Opens New Buffalo Training Center
- SMART members in Indiana pay tribute to trailblazing suffragist