BUFFALO, N.Y. — School bus drivers employed by First Student here and represented by the UTU have ratified a new agreement by a 213-90 vote.
The agreement ratified by members of UTU Local 1908 provides for wage increases retroactive to June 2010, no loss of benefits and improvements to a 401k plan.
Calvin Studivant, alternate vice president — East for the UTU Bus Department, helped to negotiate the new agreement. He praised the efforts of the Local 1908 negotiating team that included Local General Chairperson Dale McClain, Vice Local Chairperson Debbie Orlowski and Local Secretary Geneva Crutcher.
- B&P Tunnel replacement project in Baltimore promises jobs, better conditions for SMART members
- Support needed for Wyoming train-length bill effort
- EPI study estimates money lost by misclassified workers
- UP actions prompt departure from safety program
- SMART-TD announces enhanced benefits with new Voluntary Long-Term Disability (VLTD) carrier
- Local 168 mourns passing of Chairperson Garcia
- TD Disaster Relief Fund in urgent need of donations
- Union Plus scholarship deadline approaching; others open for TD members’ families
- Remembering MLK
- SMART-TD stands in solidarity with the Air Line Pilots Association, International