On August 29, 2016, Maintenance of Way (MOW) and Signalmen, employed by Buffalo & Pittsburgh Railroad (BPRR), voted for representation by SMART Transportation Division. The National Mediation Board certified the election results August 30.
The vote adds 36 MOW and 10 Signalmen to Local 377. MOW and Signalmen join engineers, conductors and brakemen employed by BPRR and represented by Local 377.
“I would like to thank SMART TD Organizer Larry Grutzius for all of his hard work on this campaign,” said Rich Ross, SMART TD’s director of organizing.
BPRR is a Class II railroad operating on 411 miles of track in New York and Pennsylvania and is owned by Genesee and Wyoming. Its main line runs between Buffalo, N.Y. and Eidenau, Pa., just north of Pittsburgh. The railroad connects the Allegheny Valley Railroad and runs on the former B&O Railroad tracks.
Major commodities shipped by the railroad include paper, petroleum products, chemicals, coal, steel and sand.
- SMART launches video news show focused on issues that matter to members
- Ill. governor pledges his support for the Rule of 2
- SMART statement on DOL rule rescinding IRAPs
- Local 556 loses member to alleged drunken driver
- Two-person crew rule’s comment period receives extension
- Registration open for Branson, Mo., TD Regional Training Seminar
- Local 1846 loses member in accident, fundraiser established
- SMART-TD statement on the tentative agreement (Sept. 16, 2022)
- SMART-TD, BLET reach tentative agreement with railroads
- SMART-TD mourns loss of Local 1263 Local Chairperson Richard Keen