Brother Robert Morgan”Bob” Bullington Jr., passed away on August 18, 2016 at the age of 92. A friend and mentor to countless Brothers and Sisters of the UTU (now known as the SMART TD), Bob worked for over forty years in the rail industry, and served our members with integrity and dedication as the Georgia State Legislative Director. Bob was dedicated to family, community, the union and nation, and worked diligently advocating on behalf of workers’ rights, benefits and safety issues for rail and transit workers.
Bob served our country in the U.S. Air Force and was honored with several medals for his service during WWII and the Korean war. Please click here for information on funeral services for Brother Bullington. Bob’s service to his family, to our union membership, and to his country, will be remembered always.
- SMART statement on DOL rule rescinding IRAPs
- Local 556 loses member to alleged drunken driver
- Two-person crew rule’s comment period receives extension
- Registration open for Branson, Mo., TD Regional Training Seminar
- Local 1846 loses member in accident, fundraiser established
- SMART-TD statement on the tentative agreement (Sept. 16, 2022)
- SMART-TD, BLET reach tentative agreement with railroads
- SMART-TD mourns loss of Local 1263 Local Chairperson Richard Keen
- SMART-TD, BLET joint statement on rail embargo
- SMART Mechanical Department reaches tentative agreement with the NCCC