BNSF Railway Co. won back market share for grain and agriculture commodities that it lost to Union Pacific Corp. in 2014 when the railroad owned by Warren Buffett struggled to keep up with customer demand.
In last year’s first quarter, BNSF lost about 4 percentage points of market share for carrying grain, fertilizer and other farm-related goods to its main competitors, said John Miller, vice president for agriculture products at BNSF.
Read the complete at Bloomberg Business.
- SMART statement on President Biden’s signing of the Inflation Reduction Act
- SMART statement on White House Back to School 2022 collaboration to improve indoor air quality
- SMART statement on passage of Inflation Reduction Act
- TD Local 446 mourns loss of member who died while on the job
- FRA Administrator Bose: Safety is first
- TTD President Regan: Transportation labor has shown it’s a driving force
- SMART statement on signing of the CHIPS and Science Act
- TD president addresses SMART General Session, TD officers
- Oberman addresses SMART General Session
- Two-person crew saves the life of missing woman