The second annual Big 4 reunion picnic is set for Sept. 11 at Peter Pan Park in Emporia, Kan.
The “Big 4” refers to the four predecessor unions of the UTU plus the BLET. There is no connection to the former “Big 4” railroad.
The picnic will run from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Almost 300 attended in 2009.
For more information contact organizer Terry Coffelt, 2510 West View Dr., Emporia, KS 66801. Phone (620) 341-9165 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- New SMART News features interviews with GP Sellers, incoming GP Coleman, an update on rail legislation following East Palestine, and more
- TCU & Shop-Craft Coalition reaches tentative agreement with Amtrak
- SMART-TD strongly supports bipartisan Railway Safety Act of 2023
- Local 28 member showcases SMART members’ role in fight against climate change
- SMART statement on President Biden’s 2023 State of the Union address
- SMART Local 28’s Leah Rambo appointed deputy director of U.S. DOL Women’s Bureau executive team
- BNSF asks the FRA for permission to run trains with 120 CFM of flow in the name of safety
- Hudson Tunnel project to create more than 70,000 jobs in New York and New Jersey
- B&P Tunnel replacement project in Baltimore promises jobs, better conditions for SMART members
- EPI study estimates money lost by misclassified workers