Shares of No. 3 U.S. railroad CSX Corp rose nearly 10 percent on Monday (Oct. 13) following a report of a rebuffed takeover bid by Canadian Pacific Railway Ltd (CP.TO), but analysts said any such deal would face significant regulatory and other hurdles.
“You could make the argument that there is not much overlap between the two networks and between their businesses,” said Jim Corridore, head of industrials equity research at Standard & Poor’s. “But they would face significant hurdles of getting a merger passed by the U.S. Surface Transportation Board (STB).”
Read the complete story at Reuters.
- N.J. SLD recognized for leadership, tapped to lead economic coalition
- Fortune Magazine highlights the benefits of a union sheet metal career
- SMART TD President Ferguson and BLET President Pierce give joint interview on podcast
- Transportation labor reacts to the State of the Union Address
- VA Adds TABB As Accepted Certification Body
- Career of a lifetime: Renato Favero’s 80 years of service
- SM Local 280 SMART Army Helps Local Charity Aid Community
- New SMOHIT Safety Guide Available
- SM LU 71 Opens New Buffalo Training Center
- SMART members in Indiana pay tribute to trailblazing suffragist