On February 28, 2018, Ron Batory was sworn in as Administrator of the Federal Railroad Administration. Representing SMART General President Joe Sellers is Steve Dodd, director of government affairs, who is pictured with Ron Batory.
Batory has more than 45 years of rail industry experience and most recently served as president and chief operating officer of Conrail. Batory joined the company in 1998 as vice president-operations and was appointed COO in 2004. He retired from Conrail last year.
Before that, he was president of the Belt Railway Co. of Chicago. Batory also spent more than 20 years working for both eastern and western Class Is, in addition to assisting a court-appointed trustee’s oversight of a regional railroad bankruptcy.
According to GP Sellers, “We are pleased to have Ron Batory as the administrator of the Federal Railroad Administration (FRA).” He added that, “Ron Batory is knowledgeable and experienced in the railroad industry. We look forward to collaborating with him on PTC and other safety initiatives.”
- SMART statement on SCOTUS roll-back of reproductive rights
- SMART Education Department holds organizing training in Portland
- Talking SMART: Member Brings Voice of Working Families to CT Statehouse
- Special Focus: Sheet Metal Workers’ National Pension Fund certified as healthy, in the ‘Green Zone’
- SM Local 73 lends warmth to Chicago residents
- SM Local 9 SMART MAP Eliminates Stigma Around Mental Health
- Join the NALC Stamp Out Hunger Food Drive
- House Transportation leaders urge FRA to act on fatigue, attendance policies
- SMART-TD, BLET gather allies at TTD Executive Committee meeting
- GOP reps encourage BNSF to re-think Hi-Viz