The BMWED/SMART-Mechanical bargaining coalition met for the first time with the National Carriers’ Conference Committee (NCCC) yesterday at the NCCC’s offices in Crystal City, Virginia. The parties reviewed and discussed in general terms their respective “Section 6 notices” seeking changes to existing agreements.
The parties both pledged to work diligently to reach a voluntary agreement. The next bargaining session is scheduled for February 24 and 25, 2015 at the NCCC offices. The topic of bargaining will be healthcare issues. Prior to that meeting, the parties will present agreed upon questions to their respective healthcare experts who will provide answers to the bargaining committees prior to the February meeting. The parties believe this process will allow the bargaining committee maximum time at the bargaining table to focus on crafting an agreement acceptable to all parties.
Updates will be provided after each bargaining session.
- American Rescue Plan funding saves thousands of SMART pensions
- Secure your future. Vote!
- Solidarity with Kingspan workers
- Growth through unity
- SMART, labor allies convene at AFL-CIO Convention to build worker power
- N.J. SLD recognized for leadership, tapped to lead economic coalition
- Fortune Magazine highlights the benefits of a union sheet metal career
- SMART TD President Ferguson and BLET President Pierce give joint interview on podcast
- Transportation labor reacts to the State of the Union Address
- VA Adds TABB As Accepted Certification Body