The members of the Auxiliary of the UTU Scholarship Fund Board met in North Olmsted, Ohio, April 23-24, 2013. During the meeting, scholarships were drawn from the 53 applications submitted by Auxiliary members for the 2013-2014 school year. The board must “spend” at least 5 percent of our average annual net worth on scholarships to meet our Internal Revenue Service obligations. Through a random drawing, the board awarded eight (8) scholarships this year. These scholarships were drawn by Erika Diehl of the UTU Legal Department and Mary Kay Gubics, office secretary of the Auxiliary, in the presence of the Scholarship Fund Board members. The following are winners of the 2013-2014 Auxiliary Scholarships. Winners are listed in the order the applications were drawn. Congratulations to the scholarship winners! The Auxiliary of the UTU is proud to be able to help in the education of our Auxiliary family members.
2013-2014 Scholarship Winners:
Child of Barbara Moore, Lodge 28, of St. Louis, Mo.
Grandchild of Elaine Tressler, Lodge 565, of Toledo, Ohio
Grandchild of Betty Lively, Lodge 170, of Fort Worth, Texas
Steven David Hatfield
Child of Kathy Callahan, Lodge 700, of Peeples Valley, Ariz.
Grandchild of Linda McComas, Lodge 3, of North Olmsted, Ohio
Grandchild of Donna English, Lodge 489, of San Antonio, Texas
Stepchild of Lianna Madsen, Lodge 136, of Salt Lake City, Utah
Grandchild of Elizabeth Simmons, Lodge 932, of Belleville, Ill.
- SMART launches video news show focused on issues that matter to members
- Ill. governor pledges his support for the Rule of 2
- SMART statement on DOL rule rescinding IRAPs
- Local 556 loses member to alleged drunken driver
- Registration open for Branson, Mo., TD Regional Training Seminar
- Local 1846 loses member in accident, fundraiser established
- SMART-TD mourns loss of Local 1263 Local Chairperson Richard Keen
- SMART Mechanical Department reaches tentative agreement with the NCCC
- Update on PEB 250 recommendations to national agreement negotiations
- Class Is release 2nd quarter 2022 financial results