The members of the Auxiliary of the UTU Scholarship Fund Board met in North Olmsted, Ohio, April 23-24, 2013. During the meeting, scholarships were drawn from the 53 applications submitted by Auxiliary members for the 2013-2014 school year. The board must “spend” at least 5 percent of our average annual net worth on scholarships to meet our Internal Revenue Service obligations. Through a random drawing, the board awarded eight (8) scholarships this year. These scholarships were drawn by Erika Diehl of the UTU Legal Department and Mary Kay Gubics, office secretary of the Auxiliary, in the presence of the Scholarship Fund Board members. The following are winners of the 2013-2014 Auxiliary Scholarships. Winners are listed in the order the applications were drawn. Congratulations to the scholarship winners! The Auxiliary of the UTU is proud to be able to help in the education of our Auxiliary family members.
2013-2014 Scholarship Winners:
Child of Barbara Moore, Lodge 28, of St. Louis, Mo.
Grandchild of Elaine Tressler, Lodge 565, of Toledo, Ohio
Grandchild of Betty Lively, Lodge 170, of Fort Worth, Texas
Steven David Hatfield
Child of Kathy Callahan, Lodge 700, of Peeples Valley, Ariz.
Grandchild of Linda McComas, Lodge 3, of North Olmsted, Ohio
Grandchild of Donna English, Lodge 489, of San Antonio, Texas
Stepchild of Lianna Madsen, Lodge 136, of Salt Lake City, Utah
Grandchild of Elizabeth Simmons, Lodge 932, of Belleville, Ill.
- ERMA lifetime maximum benefit to increase in 2023
- RRB: Credit for military service under the Railroad Retirement Act
- 2022 Tentative Agreement ratification results and next steps
- A message to veterans from President Ferguson
- Update on SMART-TD balloting for National Rail Tentative Agreement
- Appearances with federal officials reinforce that union is labor leader in Kansas
- Branson, Mo., TD Regional Training Seminar hotel deadline now Oct. 28
- New Ford EV plant “a game-changer” for SMART Tenn. local
- TD Local 653 legislative representative receives Chicago labor award
- RRB announces retiree earnings limits will increasse in 2023