A privately chartered Amtrak train carrying dozens of Republican members of the House and Senate crashed into a garbage truck just south of Charlottsville, Va.
So far, only minor injuries have been reported amongst the train passengers. One out of the three passengers on the garbage truck has been confirmed dead.
At the time of the accident, the train was en route to the Greenbrier resort in White Sulfur Springs, W.Va.
Click here to read more from CNBC.
Click here to watch coverage from MSNBC.
- Local 1715 members ratify contract with CATS
- Fiery derailment causes evacuation in Ohio
- BNSF asks the FRA for permission to run trains with 120 CFM of flow in the name of safety
- TTD’s Regan testifies at new T&I committee’s first hearing
- Local 1470 member included on Railway Age’s ‘Fast Trackers’ list
- Hudson Tunnel project to create more than 70,000 jobs in New York and New Jersey
- B&P Tunnel replacement project in Baltimore promises jobs, better conditions for SMART members
- 2022 BLS report demonstrates need for organizing, pro-labor legislation
- Support needed for Wyoming train-length bill effort
- EPI study estimates money lost by misclassified workers