As noted in a Jan. 14 post to this website, the sheet metal and transportation divisions of the International Association of Sheet Metal, Air, Rail and Transportation Workers have reached agreement on a SMART Constitution governing the entire organization.
Local delegates of the SMART Transportation Division will have the opportunity to propose amendments to Article 21B of the constitution – the former United Transportation Union’s Constitution – at the SMART Transportation Division’s 2014 convention.
In accordance with Article 21B, Section 13, at any time 120 days prior (March 2, 2014) to the Transportation Division convention, proposed amendments to the SMART Constitution’s Article 21B (which comprises the former UTU Constitution, as reconciled by the SMART merger agreement) may be submitted by any subordinate body of the Transportation Division or International officer listed in Article 21B, Section 2(A), of the SMART Constitution.
To view a letter from Transportation Division President John Previsich regarding submission of proposals to amend Article 21B, click here.
To view the SMART Constitution, click here.
(Proposed amendments must be received no later than March 2, 2014.)
- SMART statement on President Biden’s 2023 State of the Union address
- SMART Local 28’s Leah Rambo appointed deputy director of U.S. DOL Women’s Bureau executive team
- BNSF asks the FRA for permission to run trains with 120 CFM of flow in the name of safety
- Hudson Tunnel project to create more than 70,000 jobs in New York and New Jersey
- B&P Tunnel replacement project in Baltimore promises jobs, better conditions for SMART members
- EPI study estimates money lost by misclassified workers
- Union Plus scholarship deadline approaching; others open for TD members’ families
- FMCSA pre-employment requirement in effect Jan. 6
- Railroad Retirement and Unemployment Insurance Taxes in 2023
- Action needed to support Congressional Workers Union