FAIRBANKS – The Alaska Railroad is known across the state, and now it’s getting national attention thanks to a six-part documentary commissioned by the Discovery Channel.
“Railroad Alaska” debuts Nov. 16 on the Destination America channel, one of several channels the Discovery Channel owns, with each hour-long episode focusing on the railroad and the communities it serves as well as railroad crews who work on everything from track maintenance to those employees who operate the locomotives.
Read the complete story at the Fairbanks Daily News-Miner.
- RRB: Credit for military service under the Railroad Retirement Act
- 2022 Tentative Agreement ratification results and next steps
- A message to veterans from President Ferguson
- Update on SMART-TD balloting for National Rail Tentative Agreement
- Appearances with federal officials reinforce that union is labor leader in Kansas
- Branson, Mo., TD Regional Training Seminar hotel deadline now Oct. 28
- New Ford EV plant “a game-changer” for SMART Tenn. local
- TD Local 653 legislative representative receives Chicago labor award
- RRB announces retiree earnings limits will increasse in 2023
- N.J. designates Oct. 15 as annual Railroad Workers Day