Train and engine service employees on Birmingham Terminal Railway – a Watco property – have voted to be represented by the SMART Transportation Division.
Rich Ross, SMART Transportation Division’s director of organizing, thanked Alabama State Legislative Director Neil Elders and International organizers Mike Lewis and Calvin Studivant for their efforts. Also assisting in the organizing drive were Local 622 Chairperson Justin Humphries and Local 622 Vice Local Chairperson Jacob Lane, whom Ross praised for “their dedication and hard work during this campaign.” Ross also thanked International staff member Cara McGinty for her assistance.
Formerly known as Birmingham Southern Railroad, the 76-mile line provides service to more than 30 customers in the Birmingham, Ala., region, and connects with BNSF, CSX and Norfolk Southern.
- It’s a step ahead for Pa. rail safety bill
- TD leadership participates in NS Bellevue safety event
- Veto means Nevada governor picked politics over safety
- Synopsis released of NS yardmaster agreement
- TD initiates census effort — please verify your information!
- SMART-TD and NS reach yardmaster sick leave deal; carrier completes negotiations with all unions
- SMART-TD members ratify tentative agreement with Norfolk Southern
- TD DLC firm pitches in to assist with Minn. 2PC success
- Sara Youngdahl is new SMART-TD DLC Coordinator
- Members of GO-953 ratify historic tentative agreement with Union Pacific