On April 21, Local 1951 Chairperson Michael Doherty will be running in his 11th consecutive Boston Marathon to raise money for the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute.
“I was elected as a board member with the Dana-Farber Institute last year as I was recognized for my commitment and passion to help Dana-Farber find a cure for cancer. One hundred percent of funds raised go directly in to cancer research. It’s one of the only programs you will find that puts 100 percent in to one single program,” Doherty said.
“My family was at the finish line across from the first explosion last year. Thankfully they were not injured, but they were traumatized from the events. My wife, Shannon, and daughter’s Hanna, 15, and Sadie 11, will be out there again cheering everyone on. We will not go in to hiding due to a couple of cowards that tried to knock down the American Spirit. They didn’t realize it only makes the country stronger.”
To contribute, send checks payable to Dana-Farber Marathon Challenge (DFMC) to Michael Doherty, 76 Pike St., Tewksbury, MA 01876, or visit www.rundfmc.org/2014/miked.
- American Rescue Plan funding saves thousands of SMART pensions
- SMART-TD Local 206 mourns sudden loss of member
- Secure your future. Vote!
- Solidarity with Kingspan workers
- Local 556 loses member to alleged drunken driver
- Local 1846 loses member in accident, fundraiser established
- SMART-TD mourns loss of Local 1263 Local Chairperson Richard Keen
- TD Local 18 member killed in derailment
- Fundraiser established for GC’s cancer fight
- Growth through unity