UTU-represented yardmen, hostlers and yardmasters employed by Gary Railway and members of UTU Local 1383 have ratified separate six-year agreements.
The contracts provide for annual wage increases, lump-sum percentage back-pay, improved bereavement leave, sickness/disability insurance and a reduced monthly health and welfare contribution. Also included is enrollment in the Transtar insurance benefit program.
UTU International Vice President Dave Wier, who assisted with the negotiations, congratulated General Chairperson Cory Mayberry (GO 329), Local 1383 Chairperson Tommy Collins, and Vice Local Chairperson Brian McWilliams for “the exceptional effort put forth during the negotiations and ratification process that resulted in agreements with substantial improvements in wages and benefits.”
Gary Railway, a Transtar property, is a Class III switching carrier operating 63 miles of yard track in Gary, Ind., primarily serving U.S. Steel
- SMART statement on President Biden’s signing of the Inflation Reduction Act
- Announcement to come regarding PEB
- SMART statement on White House Back to School 2022 collaboration to improve indoor air quality
- SMART statement on passage of Inflation Reduction Act
- TD Local 446 mourns loss of member who died while on the job
- FRA Administrator Bose: Safety is first
- TTD President Regan: Transportation labor has shown it’s a driving force
- SMART statement on signing of the CHIPS and Science Act
- TD president addresses SMART General Session, TD officers
- Oberman addresses SMART General Session