UTU-represented yardmen, hostlers and yardmasters employed by Gary Railway and members of UTU Local 1383 have ratified separate six-year agreements.
The contracts provide for annual wage increases, lump-sum percentage back-pay, improved bereavement leave, sickness/disability insurance and a reduced monthly health and welfare contribution. Also included is enrollment in the Transtar insurance benefit program.
UTU International Vice President Dave Wier, who assisted with the negotiations, congratulated General Chairperson Cory Mayberry (GO 329), Local 1383 Chairperson Tommy Collins, and Vice Local Chairperson Brian McWilliams for “the exceptional effort put forth during the negotiations and ratification process that resulted in agreements with substantial improvements in wages and benefits.”
Gary Railway, a Transtar property, is a Class III switching carrier operating 63 miles of yard track in Gary, Ind., primarily serving U.S. Steel
- Union Pacific reaches labor agreement with largest union
- TCU & Shop-Craft Coalition reaches tentative agreement with Amtrak
- Norfolk Southern and SMART-TD statement on conductor redeployment bargaining
- Ohio SLD Whitaker, senators state case for Railway Safety Act before commerce committee
- To better serve you, we have to know where you are!
- UPDATED: President Ferguson appears with U.S. Sen. Brown to discuss Railway Safety Act
- Analysis: Lawsuit means shareholders might not be OK after East Palestine
- FRA issues safety bulletin on grade-crossing shove moves after fatal accident
- Kansas rail safety legislation needs support
- Husband of TD staff member in need of liver donor