James F. Carrico Sr., 61, former Indiana State Legislative Director of the United Transportation Union, died Jan. 4.
A member of Local 333 at North Vernon, Ind., Carrico entered rail service as a conductor with CSX in 1974 following discharge from the U.S. Army. He was a graduate of Indiana State University.
He is survived by his wife, Marjorie Ann, son, James Carrico Jr., daughter, Alicia, and two grandchildren. He was preceded in death by his parents and infant twin sisters.
Graveside services will be at 11:30 a.m., Jan. 9, at St. John Cemetery in Washington, Ind.
- SMART-TD statement on the results of the U.S. Senate vote to impose the rail agreement
- SMART-TD statement on potential extension of status-quo period
- SMART-TD statement on congressional intervention in the national rail negotiations
- ERMA lifetime maximum benefit to increase in 2023
- RRB: Credit for military service under the Railroad Retirement Act
- 2022 Tentative Agreement ratification results and next steps
- Split decision: Unions for engineers and conductors take different routes in freight rail contract ratification vote
- Balloting closes TONIGHT for tentative national rail agreement
- SMART-TD, BLET town hall yields facts about tentative agreement
- A message to veterans from President Ferguson