James F. Carrico Sr., 61, former Indiana State Legislative Director of the United Transportation Union, died Jan. 4.
A member of Local 333 at North Vernon, Ind., Carrico entered rail service as a conductor with CSX in 1974 following discharge from the U.S. Army. He was a graduate of Indiana State University.
He is survived by his wife, Marjorie Ann, son, James Carrico Jr., daughter, Alicia, and two grandchildren. He was preceded in death by his parents and infant twin sisters.
Graveside services will be at 11:30 a.m., Jan. 9, at St. John Cemetery in Washington, Ind.
- SMART statement on President Biden’s signing of the Inflation Reduction Act
- Announcement to come regarding PEB
- SMART statement on White House Back to School 2022 collaboration to improve indoor air quality
- SMART statement on passage of Inflation Reduction Act
- TD Local 446 mourns loss of member who died while on the job
- FRA Administrator Bose: Safety is first
- TTD President Regan: Transportation labor has shown it’s a driving force
- SMART statement on signing of the CHIPS and Science Act
- TD president addresses SMART General Session, TD officers
- Oberman addresses SMART General Session