In a letter received at the SMART Transportation Division headquarters, Rob Zanath’s family wrote:
“To all the SMART Union Members,
“We would like to extend our sincerest gratitude for all of the love and support you have shown our family during this very difficult time. Words cannot express how grateful we are for your kindness and compassion over the past few months since Rob’s passing. Rob was blessed to have been a part of such a caring and giving community for the past 24 years. Your overwhelming generosity of monetary donations given to our family at this year’s regional meetings was most appreciated. We will continue to pray for all of you and ask you to keep us in your thoughts and prayers as we begin to move forward and be at peace as we cherish the memory of a loving, caring husband, father, and son and are comforted by the fact that Rob now resides in the peace and happiness of heaven.
“The Family of Robert Zanath”
Rob Zanath worked in the Public Relations department for UTU and then SMART Transportation Division for the past 24 years. Zanath died in May 2015.
- American Rescue Plan funding saves thousands of SMART pensions
- Secure your future. Vote!
- Solidarity with Kingspan workers
- Growth through unity
- SMART, labor allies convene at AFL-CIO Convention to build worker power
- N.J. SLD recognized for leadership, tapped to lead economic coalition
- Fortune Magazine highlights the benefits of a union sheet metal career
- SMART TD President Ferguson and BLET President Pierce give joint interview on podcast
- Transportation labor reacts to the State of the Union Address
- VA Adds TABB As Accepted Certification Body