This is the new United Transportation Union official website.
We’ve changed our look.
This new website design responds to member requests for greater emphasis on materials and news of interest to UTU members.
To the right is an addition members told us is essential: a membership toolbox that contains answers to the most frequently asked questions regarding membership, representation and benefits.
Are there questions for which we have not yet provided an answer? Look to the lower right for the “Feedback” button. Tell us what questions or other materials you would like to see added or changed.
We also welcome other constructive suggestions, which may be sent to us by using the “Feedback” button.
The search engine has been improved. See the “Search this website” button on the upper right of this page, which will take you to older news stories or topics of interest.
Also toward the top of the page, in a grey horizontal bar, are a series of drop-down menus to help you find materials of interest.
At the very top of the page is a red horizontal bar with additional drop-down menus with information about the UTU, plus links to specific UTU crafts.
Other buttons allow you to click and change your mailing address, sign up for email alerts and view current and past issues of the UTU News.
Further additions are coming, including a UTU Facebook page, and an ability to follow the UTU on Twitter. For those with personal Facebook and Twitter accounts, see the “Facebook” and “Twitter” links at the upper right, which allow you to share materials from the website on your own Facebook page and via your own Twitter account.
- SMART-TD statement on the results of the U.S. Senate vote to impose the rail agreement
- SMART-TD statement on potential extension of status-quo period
- SMART-TD statement on congressional intervention in the national rail negotiations
- ERMA lifetime maximum benefit to increase in 2023
- RRB: Credit for military service under the Railroad Retirement Act
- 2022 Tentative Agreement ratification results and next steps
- Split decision: Unions for engineers and conductors take different routes in freight rail contract ratification vote
- Balloting closes TONIGHT for tentative national rail agreement
- SMART-TD, BLET town hall yields facts about tentative agreement
- A message to veterans from President Ferguson