This is the new United Transportation Union official website.
We’ve changed our look.
This new website design responds to member requests for greater emphasis on materials and news of interest to UTU members.
To the right is an addition members told us is essential: a membership toolbox that contains answers to the most frequently asked questions regarding membership, representation and benefits.
Are there questions for which we have not yet provided an answer? Look to the lower right for the “Feedback” button. Tell us what questions or other materials you would like to see added or changed.
We also welcome other constructive suggestions, which may be sent to us by using the “Feedback” button.
The search engine has been improved. See the “Search this website” button on the upper right of this page, which will take you to older news stories or topics of interest.
Also toward the top of the page, in a grey horizontal bar, are a series of drop-down menus to help you find materials of interest.
At the very top of the page is a red horizontal bar with additional drop-down menus with information about the UTU, plus links to specific UTU crafts.
Other buttons allow you to click and change your mailing address, sign up for email alerts and view current and past issues of the UTU News.
Further additions are coming, including a UTU Facebook page, and an ability to follow the UTU on Twitter. For those with personal Facebook and Twitter accounts, see the “Facebook” and “Twitter” links at the upper right, which allow you to share materials from the website on your own Facebook page and via your own Twitter account.
- TD president addresses SMART General Session, TD officers
- Oberman addresses SMART General Session
- Two-person crew saves the life of missing woman
- TD President Ferguson, three members testify before STB
- FRA NPRM: The truth behind the need for two-person crews
- SMART-TD LACMTA operators ratify tentative contract
- House leaders introduce bill reauthorizing STB and to assist rail customers
- SMART-TD, BLET presidents update members following PEB 250
- Union Plus opens ‘Unions Power America’ contest￼
- United Rail Unions statement on opening of PEB