Testing, adjusting, and balancing (TAB) is an important part of air and water delivery systems. TAB technicians make sure that air and water in heating and air conditioning systems are delivered efficiently, quietly and safely throughout a building.
As a TAB technician, you will be responsible for working on air and water delivery systems to meet the specifications outlined by the design engineer. If you like math and the idea of working on complex systems and solving problems, TAB is a good career choice for you.
Opportunities in this field include:
- Energy management
- Indoor air quality
- Building systems commissioning
- Sound and vibration testing
- Fire life safety control systems
- HVAC installation or system controls
- System design
- Project management or facility management
- Clean room work or certification