The White House released a back-to-school fact sheet ahead of the new school year, highlighting SMART, SMACNA and NEMI’s collaboration with the White House on improving ventilation in schools. This fact sheet was circulated to school districts across the country and notes that SMART, SMACNA and NEMI are the experts that schools should use for indoor air quality, HVAC, ventilation and energy efficiency improvements and upgrades.
In conjunction, NEMI launched a new website that can facilitate connecting buildings that want to make ventilation and energy efficiency improvements to skilled, trained and certified workers and contractors — SMART and SMACNA members. Ideally this will be a useful resource for schools and other buildings as they try to take advantage of federal funding available for these efforts. If a building owner fills out a form on the NEMI website and requests assistance, they will receive a response within 48 hours to help them identify steps they can take to improve ventilation in their buildings.
SMART hopes these resources will help building owners and/or state and local elected officials access billions of dollars in federal funding approved by the Biden administration to improve ventilation and energy efficiency of buildings.
- Special Focus: SMART sisters, allies build solidarity to strengthen our future at Tradeswomen Build Nations 2022
- In for the long haul
- You made the difference
- Our message has been sent
- 2022 year in review
- Rail workers rally against PSR, call for better working conditions
- BE4ALL Committee, subcommittees meet in Chicago
- Butler, Miller named SMART GVPs
- Local 28 business rep. details the importance of organizing
- SMART Army builds paracord bracelets for servicemembers