The White House released a back-to-school fact sheet ahead of the new school year, highlighting SMART, SMACNA and NEMI’s collaboration with the White House on improving ventilation in schools. This fact sheet was circulated to school districts across the country and notes that SMART, SMACNA and NEMI are the experts that schools should use for indoor air quality, HVAC, ventilation and energy efficiency improvements and upgrades.
In conjunction, NEMI launched a new website that can facilitate connecting buildings that want to make ventilation and energy efficiency improvements to skilled, trained and certified workers and contractors — SMART and SMACNA members. Ideally this will be a useful resource for schools and other buildings as they try to take advantage of federal funding available for these efforts. If a building owner fills out a form on the NEMI website and requests assistance, they will receive a response within 48 hours to help them identify steps they can take to improve ventilation in their buildings.
SMART hopes these resources will help building owners and/or state and local elected officials access billions of dollars in federal funding approved by the Biden administration to improve ventilation and energy efficiency of buildings.
- Elections matter: How your vote has helped workers since 2020
- Secure your future. Vote!
- Recent progress made.
- Progress made for Bus Dept. and 2PC rule
- Building a healthy future for all Canadians
- SMART MD membership votes to ratify contract with freight rail carriers
- SMART Local 206 journeyperson Annet Del Rosario wins July NABTU Tradeswomen Heroes Award
- Inaugural SMART Leadership Conference in San Francisco focuses on “Growth Through Unity”
- Railroad, Mechanical and Engineering Department Report
- BE4ALL: The seven “A’s” of a courageous conversation