Virginia State Legislative Director Ronnie Hobbs reports that H.B. 440, the two-person freight crew bill that has passed the state House, is scheduled for a hearing Monday, February 17, at the state Capitol.
“We’re asking all of our Virginia members and their families to spend the day to get the word out,” Hobbs said. “Now is the time for us to show our state senators the importance of this public safety matter.”
The bill passed the House of Delegates by a 61-37 vote in January and there was a great show of support by SMART members and retirees. Hobbs would like to see that duplicated Monday.
Contact Hobbs at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details on how to show your support in the fight to keep two on the crew.
- Two-person crew saves the life of missing woman
- TD President Ferguson, three members testify before STB
- FRA NPRM: The truth behind the need for 2 person crews
- SMART-TD LACMTA operators ratify tentative contract
- House leaders introduce bill reauthorizing STB and to assist rail customers
- SMART-TD, BLET presidents update members following PEB 250
- Union Plus opens ‘Unions Power America’ contest￼
- United Rail Unions statement on opening of PEB
- Statement from SMART-TD regarding the commencement of the Presidential Emergency Board
- Your experiences – our PEB case!