A short video explaining the benefits of UTU membership, which was presented at the 2011 UTU regional meetings and the 2011 quadrennial convention, is now available online at www.utu.org.
The video notes the history of labor unions in the United States, which originated in the railroad industry, and the positive role the UTU plays in the transportation industry and in government.
“UTU: Stronger Than Ever” also examines the UTU’s role in public policy and its efforts to protect collective bargaining rights through the union’s Collective Bargaining Defense Fund. The Collective Bargaining Defense Fund was instrumental in working against political extremists in Wisconsin and Ohio, where politicians were recalled and anti-worker legislation was overturned.
The video is available through the UTU’s homepage at www.utu.org by selecting “About UTU” at the top of the page, then choosing the “UTU Publications and Videos” link.
To view the video, click here.
- SMART-TD statement on the results of the U.S. Senate vote to impose the rail agreement
- SMART-TD statement on potential extension of status-quo period
- SMART-TD statement on congressional intervention in the national rail negotiations
- ERMA lifetime maximum benefit to increase in 2023
- RRB: Credit for military service under the Railroad Retirement Act
- 2022 Tentative Agreement ratification results and next steps
- Split decision: Unions for engineers and conductors take different routes in freight rail contract ratification vote
- Balloting closes TONIGHT for tentative national rail agreement
- SMART-TD, BLET town hall yields facts about tentative agreement
- A message to veterans from President Ferguson