The theme of the SMART Transportation Division’s Convention in San Diego, Calif., June 30-July 2, was “Strong, Proud, United,” and videos were presented to the delegates and attendees each day during the convention that embodied those concepts.
SMART Transportation members from around the country appear in the videos and, in their own words, express their opinions regarding these principles and their membership in the union. Members from SMART Transportation Division Locals 23, 40, 506, 1409, 1741 and 1933 appear.
Also below is a video tribute to former UTU President Al Chesser that was shown at both the SMART Transportation Division Convention and the First SMART General Convention.
At the request of the delegates in attendance, the videos are being made available here to the SMART Transportation Division’s general membership.
Please take a few minutes to hear what your fellow members have to say about union membership and feel free to share this content with other members of your local.
SMART Transportation Division thanks all SMART officers and members who assisted and participated with the videos and Cloverlea Entertainment and Long Story Short Media for their assistance in producing them.
Video footage from the SMART General Convention has also been added. The footage includes a speech by AFL-CIO President Richard Trumka and delegates and SMART officers discussing two-person crew legislation and general committee autonomy.
Chesser: A Purpose Filled Life
First SMART General Convention, Aug. 11-15, 2014
Richard Trumka, Aug. 14, 2014
SMART Delegates Discuss Two-Person Crews and Autonomy
- SMART-TD statement on congressional intervention in the national rail negotiations
- ERMA lifetime maximum benefit to increase in 2023
- RRB: Credit for military service under the Railroad Retirement Act
- 2022 Tentative Agreement ratification results and next steps
- Split decision: Unions for engineers and conductors take different routes in freight rail contract ratification vote
- Balloting closes TONIGHT for tentative national rail agreement
- SMART-TD, BLET town hall yields facts about tentative agreement
- A message to veterans from President Ferguson
- Important update for all SMART-TD and BLET members included in national negotiations
- BLET, SMART-TD to host Town Hall meeting on November 9