In this month’s video address from SMART General President Joseph Sellers, he looks at the recent passage of the American Rescue Plan.
The plan does more than provide direct cash relief through payments to working Americans and resources for COVID-19 vaccination efforts. This critical legislation also provides long-sought help for multiemployer pension plans, puts Amtrak members back to work, boosts transit funding, provides COBRA assistance to jobless workers and funds a round of mitigation efforts to help get America’s schoolchildren back in the classroom through funds for air system monitoring and new HVAC retrofit work that will create sheet metal jobs.
- SMART remembers and honors all who have made the ultimate sacrifice
- A Memorial Day message from TD President Jeremy Ferguson
- Debt default threatens American workers: Take action today
- SMART Local 110 hosts Take Kids Fishing Day events with Union Sportsmen’s Alliance
- Union launches rail hours of service violation report, updates safety condition and rail technology event report
- SMART Women’s Committee welcomes new members
- SMART-TD announces a price reduction for the Discipline Income Protection Program (DIPP) going into effect on August 1, 2023
- SMART News episode eight features member voices on right-to-work repeal, rail safety, jobs in Ohio and more
- TD GO-049 ratifies CSX sick day agreement
- Norfolk Southern and SMART-TD reach comprehensive tentative agreement on quality-of-life benefit