Unlike his predecessor, who ran a Los Angeles bus company, Metra’s new interim executive director is a veteran “railroad guy” who actually knows how to drive a train.
Donald Orseno broke into the railroad business collecting tickets, helping set up trains and checking doors on the Rock Island Railroad.
Read the complete story at the Chicago Tribune.
- Bus VP Studivant retires; James Sandoval is new VP
- SMART-TD announces tentative agreement with BNSF that addresses quality of life issues and predictability for time off
- FRA awards SMART-TD over $600,000 to fill void in rail carriers’ training programs
- Computer outage does not affect TD RTS events
- TD Local 278 shows solidarity with UAW
- North and South Carolina members join for Solidarity Shoot
- What TD members can do to support the UAW strike
- SMART-TD forms new committee to address assaults on bus and transit operators
- Message to rail workers from TD President Ferguson re: UAW strike action
- Effort by coworkers ensures fallen TD Local 1846 member will not be forgotten