A gubernatorial task force is looking for ways to pay for improving the state’s ability to prevent and respond to derailment of trains carrying millions of gallons of highly volatile crude oil through the heart of Virginia, including downtown Richmond.
The potential options include a hazardous materials or rail service fee on the shipments.
Read the complete story at The Roanoke Times.
- SMART statement on President Biden’s signing of the Inflation Reduction Act
- SMART statement on White House Back to School 2022 collaboration to improve indoor air quality
- SMART statement on passage of Inflation Reduction Act
- TD Local 446 mourns loss of member who died while on the job
- FRA Administrator Bose: Safety is first
- TTD President Regan: Transportation labor has shown it’s a driving force
- SMART statement on signing of the CHIPS and Science Act
- TD president addresses SMART General Session, TD officers
- Oberman addresses SMART General Session
- Two-person crew saves the life of missing woman