A gubernatorial task force is looking for ways to pay for improving the state’s ability to prevent and respond to derailment of trains carrying millions of gallons of highly volatile crude oil through the heart of Virginia, including downtown Richmond.
The potential options include a hazardous materials or rail service fee on the shipments.
Read the complete story at The Roanoke Times.
- SMART-TD Tentative Agreement update: Oct. 5, 2022
- TD organizing win thanks to collaboration in Michigan
- SMART launches video news show focused on issues that matter to members
- Ill. governor pledges his support for the Rule of 2
- SMART statement on DOL rule rescinding IRAPs
- Local 556 loses member to alleged drunken driver
- Registration open for Branson, Mo., TD Regional Training Seminar
- Local 1846 loses member in accident, fundraiser established
- SMART-TD mourns loss of Local 1263 Local Chairperson Richard Keen
- SMART Mechanical Department reaches tentative agreement with the NCCC