The United Transportation Union Insurance Association is looking for a special person to honor as its 2010 volunteer of the year.
Do you regularly volunteer at a hospital or nursing home? Do you lead a Boy Scout or Girl Scout troop or work with the handicapped? Are you involved in some other activity that benefits those in your community?
If so, the UTUIA would like to know about it.
A panel of judges at the UTU International will review all submissions and select the 2010 volunteer of the year.
The individual selected as UTUIA volunteer of the year will receive a $1,000 U.S. Savings Bond and a plaque of appreciation from the UTUIA.
Additionally, he or she will be honored at the 2010 UTU/UTUIA regional meeting nearest his or her home, with all expenses paid by UTUIA.
Also, 20 runners up will be selected to receive certificates of appreciation for their volunteer efforts.
Nominations must be received or postmarked by Friday, March 26, 2010.
The winning individual will be notified by registered mail, and certificates of appreciation will be forwarded to runners up as soon as possible.
The decision of UTUIA judges is final. Previous nominees may be nominated again; however, former Volunteers of the Year are ineligible to receive awards.
The Volunteer of the Year program is an opportunity for the men and women of the UTUIA to let their fraternal lights shine.
It also provides an opportunity for UTUIA to recognize its volunteers for their outstanding contributions to others.
Nomination forms should be mailed to: UTUIA Volunteer of the Year, Attn.: Tony Martella, Director of Insurance, 24950 Country Club Blvd., Suite 340, Cleveland, OH 44070.
Do not forget to include a separate sheet of paper describing the applicant’s volunteer activities.
- EPI study estimates money lost by misclassified workers
- Union Plus scholarship deadline approaching; others open for TD members’ families
- FMCSA pre-employment requirement in effect Jan. 6
- Railroad Retirement and Unemployment Insurance Taxes in 2023
- Action needed to support Congressional Workers Union
- Union states 2PC case before FRA
- AFL-CIO TTD: Rail labor will not rest until freight rail industry is fixed and rail workers are treated fairly
- ERMA lifetime maximum benefit to increase in 2023
- RRB: Credit for military service under the Railroad Retirement Act
- 2022 Tentative Agreement ratification results and next steps